PLANS is an online way to help you assess your health and social needs. Based on your responses, the internet programme will suggest local community services and activities that are likely to be of interest.
Keeping active, being involved in social activities and being able to find support (such as information about your health or help with everyday things) have been shown to have many health benefits. These include reduced anxiety; improved quality of life; and improved feelings about general health.
As well as doing things for yourself, you may be interested in finding out what support is available in your local community. PLANS aims to:
- Help you think about what you can do to manage your health
- Find ways you can increase the type of social contact you enjoy
- Make you aware of local community support and activities
Everyone is different and we need different things to help us manage our health and enjoy life. To help you find activities and support in your area we have developed the PLANS questionnaire which aims to help you think about what you can do to manage your health.
As well as doing things for yourself, you can also plan ways to use support from your local community. PLANS can help you find local healthy activities such as exercise or diet groups. PLANS can also help you find activities that you might enjoy such as social or hobby groups.
Options for PLANS
- Click on the link below to fill in the short PLANS questionnaire. To find tailored results, fill in your details and then answer each question by selecting if you are interested to know more.
- Search for services near you by entering your postcode.
- Click on the categories above to search for services near you.
- If you have used PLANS before, you can log in to see your results.